Saturday, July 7, 2007

Night ...

4:29 AM

I can't sleep... Oddly enough, I don't want to. I'm not doing anything in particular. Playing online scrabble and listening to this song on repeat... (It's the one playing on my page)... Online scrabble is fun... sometimes. Tonight, it's a lot of fun. I don't know why I'm so alert this late... Usually when I'm up at this time, I'm pretty much on 'drone mode', but I seem to be in my element tonight.

I've been 'wikipedia-ring' a lot too. Tonight I've read up on Euclid, Thor, Robert Hanssen, The KGB, and the legal term 'Tort'. I've recalculated the formulas in my both my weekly and monthly budget/expense sheet spreadsheets... I might have gotten a little carried away with that though; I went a little nuts with the conditional formatting tool... I've messed around with a couple of photographs in Photoshop... that was a LOT of fun... As much as I'd like to, I unfortunately can't post any of them online... That sucks 'cause I think most people (with sense of humors of course) would find them quite amusing... If I posted them though, I'd probably get sued or something... :-(

And this song... I can't seem to stop listening to this song. It's weird how I am with music, you know? I go through phases. Pretty intense - albeit short lived, phases. Three weeks ago, I would listen to nothing but Angels & Airwaves. In my car, at my job, on my iPod, doing my chores... It was just non stop Angels & Airwaves... About two weeks into my A&A obsession, I for some unexplainable reason, shifted to Sade... Lovers Rock - The entire CD... Again, I would play it non stop. At work all day, in my car on the way home, on my iPod after dinner, and on my laptop when I'd be online... A month and a half ago, it was Jigga. The time before that, David Gray... It's weird... I don't get it. There's no set order or time frame either. I once listened to a CD for two and a half months straight. On repeat...

I've come to find that I don't prefer a particular genre. My appreciation of music seems to vary/depend based wholly on my mood at the time I hear it... Is that weird? God, I hope not... Anyway, I get the feeling that Plain White T's (the band that plays this song) just might be my latest obsession...

Super Sweet Sixteen is on MTV... these kids need to be slapped. Really.... 4:57 AM, I should go to bed... I still want to read a little before I fall asleep....Someone needs to tell Eazy E's daughter that she can-not (yes, that was intentional) rap. Poor child... she swears to God she's sounds great too...

I'm going to bed now... It's 5:09 AM... If I don't do it now, I'll probably sit here till Jacob wakes up, and I'd rather not do that... He'll probably reprimand me or something...

"You stayed up all night again, didn't you mommy?... *shakes his head*... You have to stop doing that, it's NOT healthy..."

Not too long ago, he watched a show about living healthy... He apparently took everything quite literally. I didn't really care till he started pointing out every unhealthy thing he'd catch me doing.

"Not eating breakfast isn't healthy mommy... Even when you're late.." *disapproving scowl*

5:17 AM... Definitely going to bed now.

... I love this song...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the song playing too!i am so like that abt songs too!as in i dont really prefer a particular genre and my mood determines teh kind of songs i listen to!
lol @ ur son pointing out ur unhealty eating habit!have a great week monie

diary of a G said...

you know what? I don't blame you
sleeping is for the weak(well.not really but still lol)

at least you send it learning something new

get it(sleep) when you really need it
not at everybody's standard time

hope your doing fine